Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Congratulations Rory!

In our family, we fill our lives with twists and turns and sometimes take our time to get to where we are going. But when we get there, we do it right! Jasmine and I had the opportunity to go to Tampa, FL (December 15th 2007) for my brother Rory's college graduation. He completed it in just 8 years (it took me 9!) I had promised him a long time ago that come hell or high water, when he finished his degree I would be there to cheer him on! And even though he graduated 10 days before Christmas, we were there!

It was such a great trip, short, but great. We stayed in a hotel that had an amazing view, the room wasn't much to write about but the view was something I couldn't get over. And the amount of wildlife we saw just sitting on tha balcony was astounding. We even saw dolphins swimming in the bay! I had never seen dolphins in the wild before and it made me wish Lorne had been there because he loves that kind of stuff.

View from my hotel room!

My parents and my grandma were also there and they were in the room next door so that made it easy for us to spend all the time together. We ventured out and saw Rory's campus, visited his apartment (with 2 large dogs, a cat and an iguana), and ate some great meals together. It was so nice to even be able to spend some quality time with my brother and catch up with him. He has become such an amazing man and it is neat to talk about things that we have in common. Jasmine also loved seeing her Tio Rory and she asked for him anytime he happened to step away. It was so great to see them together since she doesn't get to see him often.


The graduation was nice, the speakers were a bit boring but watching Rory walk across the stage and get his degree was totally worth it! For those of you who don't know, he double majored in Marine Science and Biology and minored in Chemistry. There is no way I could ever master those subjects!

So, CONGRATULATIONS my little brother! I am so very proud of you!

2 comments:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Congrats to your brother! That is very exciting!

xoxo,
C

Dayna said...

Yay Rory!!