Saturday, January 19, 2008

For my car too!


Lately when we pray, Jasmine has wanted to add into what Lorne or I may be saying in the prayer. We always start with thanking God in our prayers and as we pray to thank Him for our blessings, we almost always get a nudge from Jasmine as she whispers, "Thank you for my car, say thanks for my car!" Here is a little girl who knows from whence her blessings come and she is so cute to do that. The other day when we built the snow man she also nudged us and said, "For the snowman too!" as we were listing our thanks in our prayers. I just always thank Heavenly Father for a little child who is the most amazing thing I have ever seen and who brings the most joy to my life!

Jasmine's newest play pastime (other than driving in her car) is pretend cooking. She has gotten all of this pretend food and in her little play kitchen, she will cook up fun things for us and bring them to us to "eat". We always pretend to eat and tell her how delicious it is. She always looks at us and asks, "Do you want come more?" and then if we say yes she will bring us more. Last week, grandpa was here watching her and he told me that she was cooking for him. She apparently brought him some food and when grandpa didn't play the game right, she put her hands on her jips and said (in her bossy sassafras voice), "Granpa, you are supposed to pretend you are eating it!" PRECIOUS!!

Last night she was at her grandparents house again and she was pretending to be a King. My parents had the missionaries over and she walked up to them and announced she was the King. One of them looked at her and said, "Don't you mean the queen?" and she said, "NO, I am the King." and walked away. Well, I guess she is learning that we think she can be whatever she wants to be. If she wants to be a king, then she can be one!

Our Jasmine has learned that many things in life are powered by batteries but she hasn't learned that there are still some things that don't require them. Everytime something doesn't work or needs to be fixed she says, "Mom, it needs batteries."

0 comments: