Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Someday is now I guess

So my mom called me last week and asked me if I would do the Avon walk for breast cancer this year with her. She has decided that she needs to do this and is trying to ask all the women in her life. So far, she has asked me and her friend Margie and we have both responded yes. I have asked Kelleen and Marcia and have yet to see if either will join up! The rest of my awesome girlfriends are either pregnant or live too far away!

Some of you may remember that I did the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure (5K race) two years ago. I have always thought it would be cool to do this LONG walk someday...I guess the time has come, and not a moment too soon. I think this will be a great thing to do before I turn 30 this June. The race is May 3 and 4th here in the Nation's Capital! I am super excited to train for this and see if I can indeed walk 26 miles. I am pretty sure I can and I am hopeful this will help with some of my New Years resolves to be healthier and to lose weight. I want to look fabulous at my party in June!
So, in order to walk, I have to raise $1800 - so watch out everyone, I will be tapping you for a donation!

1 comments:

Summer said...

That is something that I have always wanted to do too here in Toronto.