Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Day

On Christmas morning, Lorne and I woke up before Jasmine. I think we were excited to see her reaction to her gifts. It was great - I ran out first with the camera poised to take a picture as she saw everything under the tree. She looked so cute in her Christmas PJs and I had matching ones - so we were a perfectly matched pair!Many of the rest of the family were up and ready to watch Jasmine enjoy everything. She got a train and a Power Wheels car from Santa, an interactive doll from Abuela Meme, and some other fun toys from everyone else. She had a lot of fun opening and was very gracious and saying thank you to everyone who had given her the gifts. We didn't linger long at my Uncle's house that morning because we moved our family party to my mom's house. We packed up the car, said our goodbyes, and headed over to my mom's house where she was preparing a lunch feast.

Bobby (my stepbrother) and his family came over as well. We had another great present opening fest. Ryan (our Santa in training - to one day take over Tio Robert's amazing Santa performances) played Santa in handing out the gifts at my mom's house. He was very funny and I think he has great future Santa potential! Lorne and I opened our gifts to each other there and also the gifts from my parents and brothers. I was so excited because this year I got something Lorne had wanted, a Wii. He got me some fabulous stuff (he really outdid himself - I totally don't deserve it). He got me a shiatsu massaging pad, a Cricut scrapbooking machine, photo editing software, and other things as well.Jasmine got another stack of gifts and a stocking at her abuela's house and she sat with her Tio Rory to open her gifts.

Jasmine's Tower O' Gifts

And then we feasted on turkey, ham, scalloped potatoes, broccoli casserole, and other delicious foods. We had cake and pie for dessert. Then, as per tradition, we sat together and watched a movie. This year we watched a Christmas movie that my dad had recorded, Prancer. It wasn't great, but I always like this relaxing part of the evening when we just veg out.
Jasmine poses in front of the amazing Nativity Scene my mom builds each year. Jasmine loved the Christmas story and pointing out the baby Jesus and the wise men.
We arrived home around 9 PM and had a few more gifts to open that had stayed at home. Gifts from the family in Australia, neighbors, and friends. We also gave Preston his gifts. He made out this year, everyone in the family always gives him gifts and Santa manages to bring him goodies too. After this HUGE day, Jasmine was ready for bed. She was punchy and grouchy and so it was relief to finally put her down for a long sleep.
It was a fast-paced, full, amazing, fun and fantastic couple of days. And no matter how tired we were, or how much we tried to fit in, I wouldn't change it for anything else in the world because this is how we do!

2 comments:

Cindylou said...

I must say, your Christmas celebration sounds lovely, but it makes me tired...lol!

xoxo,
C

Cindylou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.