Tuesday, January 8, 2008

BCS Championship Game

I interrupt this catching up on the blog to bring you my views on the BCS Championship game last night. You should all know by now that I am a former Buckeye and as such am completely obsessed with Buckeye everything, especially football (it is something you get brainwashed with when you go to school there and you can never quite get it out later).

Many of you may also know I am not prone to watching football games, pretty much only OSU games or the Superbowl. It isn't that I don't like football, it is just that I don't have to watch it and I don't feel the need to spend 3 hours watching other people play a game.
However, as my dear Bucks were No. 1 and they were playing LSU, the No. 2, I HAD to watch. I considered for a moment inviting my brother and maybe my parents to come over and watch with me but it is a good thing I didn't.
I don't know what happened to my team. They must have fallen asleep. They did well in the first 7 minutes and the rest was pretty much downhill after that. I think they thought that since they scored a touchdown in the first minute and thirty seconds, and then a field goal and were up by 10 points, they could now put it on autopilot and not care for the rest of the stinking game.
They made so many amateur mistakes and I was screaming at the TV, sometimes obscenities - and I just couldn't believe what I was watching. They allowed LSU to intercept, they got penalty after penalty, they roughed the kicker which was probably their worst mistake. And really, it is too bad, they are an amazing team and that school plays some of the best football out there. Not last night I tell you. They lost the title 38-24. The bright part of the game was seeing the best damn band in the land - that Ohio State marching band is amazing - no one compares.
Oh well, I went to bed depressed and disappointed in their poor performance but once a buckeye, always a buckeye so this will not stop me from bleeding scarlet and grey forever! So I say - GO BUCKS!!!!

1 comments:

Emmy said...

INDEED! GO BUCKS!