Monday, November 26, 2007

North Carolina - OBX Second Half

On Friday, we woke up and got into gear to head back down to North Carolina to join our friends again for the remainder of the weekend. We looked at the circulars and decided there was nothing worth getting up at the crack of dawn to get at the stores. We decided that we would stop along the way at a Target, a Walmart and a Radio Shack and if they had the few things we wanted, we would get them and if not, no big deal.
We got to the Target we wanted to stop at after noon and we were amazed that they had everything we were looking for still in stock at the amazing sale prices. We also had the best of luck at Walmart and at the Radio Shack (can't tell you what we bought, some of the gifts might be for you!).

We arrived back in the OBX shortly after lunch during a hot trivial pursuit game which we jumped in and joined. Alas, we were not victorious this time. Lorne and I played some pool (I am horrible at that game) and soon, dinner was served (yummy thanksgiving leftovers). After dinner, we took Jasmine to one of my favorite spots for shopping in the outer banks called The Christmas Mouse. We went last year and got some ornaments and this year we did the same. We also bought a cool plate and mug to leave cookies and milk for Santa.
Saturday we had another fun time. We got up and after breakfast, took Jasmine to the YMCA to go swimming. The house we rented came with a membership and so we tried to take advantage. Jasmine had a great time in the water and kept telling us how she was a mermaid. After swimming, we met the crew at the Bodie Island Lighthouse and took some pictures. It was nice but a bit windy. This was the only lighthouse we got to this time around, but there is always next year!
The afternoon was spent relaxing and Lorne went to play racquetball with Jeff. I hear it was a good match. Before dinner, we headed down the street to see some flying kites that were decorated with lights. We saw them very briefly as they began taking them down as we approached. After dinner, we packed up as we were leaving the next day and then watched a movie.
Sunday, we finished packing and went to church. It was nice to visit another ward. Afterwards, it was time to head home. We all said our goodbyes. I was carrying Jasmine and we were skipping happily towards the car across the parking lot when I lost my footing and fell - HARD. Jasmine landed on her back and luckily was not hurt. I was another story. I skinned both of my palms, both of my knees, and my inner right elbow. I haven't fallen like that since I was a kid. Everyone was great, they all came over to help out and Lorne bandaged me up. I was very grateful for everyone, even though I felt absolutely foolish for falling down. That's what I call ending your trip with a bang!

0 comments: