Sunday, November 25, 2007

My 100th Post - Say a Little Prayer for you

This is my 100th post - so I am going to make it a special one. It's about my sweet Jasmine girl. We have been praying with her since she was born. We always have a family prayer at night before she goes to bed and we pray together at meals. In the past couple of months she has expressed a desire to pray herself. So many times, we will help her do the prayers. That is, we say them and she repeats them. We love it, it makes it very special that she wants to join in.
On Thanksgiving night, as we were driving home, Lorne and I were having a chat when all of a sudden I hear this little soft voice coming from the back. Jasmine was praying. She said, "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for the day and we thank thee for abuela Susan and Grandpa and Titi and Tio Robert and Tia Susana and Abuela Meme and Mommy and Daddy and for turkey and for all our blessings, In the name of Jesus Christ Amen". We were stunned and touched. She had wanted to pray, and she remembered everyone in the family that was there and she loved in her prayer. She then said another sweet prayer much like the first. Lorne and I looked at each other and smiled. I got a little tear in my eye.
Well, she hasn't looked back, she wants to say prayers all the time now and she will include things in the room in her prayers like her blankets and stuffed toys. We still help her from time to time but it was so sweet that her first prayer by herself was to thank Heavenly Father on the day of the year that everyone pauses specifically to be grateful!

2 comments:

Tal gal said...

This is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. What a cutie.

Libbyann78 said...

SO cool! Garen has been doing this some too...and even Ethan...They have to add in what we are saying thank you for in there...always the latest toy they got and for Ethan his 2 favorite movies...Ogre (shrek) and Beyond (Toy story...to infiniti and beyond...haha)!