Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Getting Ready to Vacate!

So, vacations are supposed to be stress free right? That may be but for me getting ready to go on vacation is about the most stressful thing for me! Last year, we rented a house in North Carolina with some friends on Thanksgiving week and had a blast! We were invited to go again this year and we accepted! We love the beach at this time of year. It is peaceful and the little cold nip in the air mixed with the salty breeze is comforting.
Well, in order to get going, I had a lot I had to do. Lorne was travelling so I was to do the initial drive down by myself (I should note that we have driven back up to Alexandria for Thanksgiving and that was also the plan this year - driving back down after the festivities). We had some orders come in and so we worked all weekend to get ready and have the orders finished so that Marcia could deliver them on Monday.
One wrench thrown into the plan was a Mormon Choir of Washington DC concert we had Sunday night. I had planned on trying to leave Sunday night but it didn't happen. Since we worked so hard and had Dad & Casey's birthday parties as well as this concert, I decided not to leave until Monday morning.
Senator Orrin Hatch spoke at this fireside that we sang at and he spoke for a VERY long time. I got very sleepy sitting in my seat and knew that with all that I had left to do, travelling Sunday night wasn't going to happen. As I sat there I reflected on the fact that I had not packed yet and that we still had final touches on a few orders left to do. Indeed I was up until 4:30 AM that night getting it all done - I definitely needed a break!
Here are the cakes we did over the weekend (we also did 3 dozen cookies & 5 dozen cupcakes):

2 comments:

Cindylou said...

I love the pumpkin cake! So freakin cute!

xoxo,
C

Libbyann78 said...

Girl! HOW do you do it all? Not to mention how awesomely amazing you are (and of course Marcia)!