Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fort Washington

For 11 years I have lived here in the Mount Vernon area and use the GW Parkway to go to most of the places I frequent.  It is a beautiful drive along the Potomac River no matter what time of year you go.  It is my mother's favorite road as well. 
One of the sites I have looked at for years across the river is Fort Washington.  I always thought I should go and check it out but had never really made the time to do so.  On this beautiful spring day in March, we decided to go and check it out and invite some of our most favorite people, the Darnell girls. 
It is always fun to share new experiences with people that like to have as much fun and have the same adventurous spirit you do.  That is what makes exploring with the Darnell girls so much fun!  That and the fact that I love them all to distraction helps too!
We all had a blast - the girls had fun exploring the fort and rolling down the huge hills there.  I was pleasantly surprised that there was more to see there than meets the eye.  We also got lucky because we didn't have to pay to see it.  Free family fun is what it is all about!

























1 comments:

Unknown said...

you are such a dear heart...and those with an adventurous spirit are always drawn to one another..Thank you for including us in this adventure! Muah!