Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break - Day 3 Beach Day!

There are not enough words in the English language or in any other language I know how to speak that can express the amazing hospitality and love we felt from our friends, The Slussers.  I don't have enough words to express my gratitude for everything they did for us when we stayed with them for 10 days.  These friends of ours are selfless and loving, generous and caring and in a million years, I could never repay them for all they did.  It was truly a blessing in my life when I really needed it and I will never forget it.

That Monday, before Jasmine would be joining us in the evening, we decided to go to the beach, because what California vacation is complete without visiting a beach?  It is horrible, but my Mommy brain has forgotten the name of the beach we went to - I am hoping Emily Slusser will fill that in under the comments section! 
Ava was so very excited as she absolutely loves the beach.  She is fearless when it comes to the water and loves to build sand castles.  She and Dean played a lot together and so very well.  Emily packed us a yummy lunch and snacks and I got to get a nice tan.















After we were through with the beach, we went back to Emily's house and she cooked dinner while I got to go and have a much needed pedicure.  She even offered to watch Ava so I wouldn't have to take her with me.

After my pedi, I drove to San Diego Airport to pick up Jasmine.  She had done so well on her first solo flight and she was excited to tell me about the friends she had made. 

0 comments: