Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break - Day 6

Our next Disney adventure took us to California Adventure.  They didn't have this park when I was in California when I was 12 and visited Disney so this was a new experience for me as well.  Again, we got a custom packed lunch courtesy of Emily and the girls wanted to wear their new hats which I thought was a fun idea. 
It was hard being pregnant and not being able to ride some of the rides.  I love roller-coasters, the faster and scarier, the better.  I was a bit sad at times when everyone else was going that I couldn't join in but I knew that the next time I was there I would be able to do it. 
One ride I was able to ride that I don't think I will ever do again was the Ferris wheel.  Generally, I don't mind the Ferris wheel but this one had cars on it that moved and rocked as the wheel turned.  There weren't even seat belts on it and it seriously scared me.  I rode on it with the kids who wanted to ride in the moving car - including Ava.  I think we were all scared to death.  From now on, I will only ride Ferris wheels in a more stationary car. 
My poor ankles after being on my feet all day and the heat were so swollen.  It was OK because it was worth it. 










0 comments: