Thursday, March 14, 2013

USO Event

One of the fun aspects of my job is that I get to attend events and do things I never would have thought I would get the chance to do while being an owner of a cake shop.  We also have the amazing opportunity to try and do some good by donating to many charitable organizations both locally and nationally. 
We approached the USO to ask how we could partner with them and help them in their efforts and they asked us to donate goods to their fundraising awards event.  They also invited us to attend the event. 
I was nervous because being pregnant, there isn't much that looks good on me.  I didn't own a formal maternity dress and so many that are out there weren't right for me and were super expensive.  I decided my best bet would be to see if I could make a normal dress fir my pregnant frame. 
I walked all over Potomac Mills looking for a dress that would work - and wouldn't you know that I found just one.  But one was all I needed. 
We delivered the cake and the 600 cookies without incident and arrived looking like a million bucks!  That was a good thing since we met a couple of famous people while we were there! 











0 comments: