Saturday, June 19, 2010

More Corporate Research

I found out recently that Godiva ships cupcakes. Why they make cupcakes or any other baked good for that matter when they are a chocolates company is a whole other story that I don't understand. I was curious - in fact, we all were about how they could manage to ship a fully frosted cupcake and have it arrive intact. There was only one way to find out. We ordered some.
When the box came, it was huge, especially considering there were only 6 cupcakes inside. After we opened the box, we found out why. Seems Godiva freezes the cupcakes, then wraps the whole box in plastic, then puts that box in a cooler with ice packs and dry ice. This is how it arrives. Not only that, but the ice packs are all branded with the Godiva logo.I cannot imagine how much that packaging costs - I know it would cost me an arm and a leg to package my cupcakes and ship them like that.
How did they taste you ask? I wasn't a huge fan - they were very dense and rich and had a bit of a chemical aftertaste to them. Not worth the money you spend on them - stick to making chocolates Godiva! Those are worth every penny.

0 comments: