Saturday, June 12, 2010

Kathy & Andy Get Married

We were honored to attend the wedding of my friend Kathy and her finance Andy. I also had the honor of making their wedding cake and it was the first 5 tiered cake I have ever done. I was nervous about it, but I was happy with the way it turned out.The ceremony was lovely and the bride looked amazing. The only thing was that it was hard to hear because the sound system wasn't working properly and also it was very hot in the church. I don't think the AC could keep up with the ridiculous heat wave we have been having.The reception was at the Gaylord Hotel at National Harbor in the Cherry Blossom Ballroom. They had a cocktail hour that included delicious sushi, hot appetizers and drinks.When we walked into the ballroom, it looked so beautiful. When I had delivered the cake earlier, I hadn't seen it all gussied up and it really made a huge difference.The menu looked amazing and the food was delicious. They even had a kids table so that the kids could color and each kid got a goodie bag filled with toys and treats. It was truly amazing.
We danced, we ate and we had a great time - what more is there to life?

0 comments: