Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

The day after Jasmine's big birthday party was Father's Day. I was so tired from all the work the day before but I wasn't going to let that stop me from making the day special for Lorne. When we woke up, we gave Daddy his gifts, which included Elton John/Billy Joel Concert tickets from me, a soft serve ice cream machine and pictures from the girls and Jasmine picked out a special balloon and card as well.Lorne seemed pleased with the loot and so I made him breakfast before he had to go to his church meetings. We had scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage and toast. It was yummy even if Lorne had to eat and run.We then went to church where Lorne gave an amazing talk in sacrament meeting all about what it means to be a father and encouraging all the fathers to take active roles in their families as they are the leaders of the home. I loved the talk especially because he referenced a lot of personal stories and I always love that. I also led the children in singing a few songs for their fathers during the meeting - it was cute.
After church, we headed to my parents house for an American style BBQ for the dads. I also brought some of the leftover food from Jasmine's party. We all had a lovely time and it was especially nice that Roman got to come as well.I must say that I live celebrating Father's Day because I was blessed to have such a great father and I am so blessed to have chosen a husband who is the best father I can imagine for my babies. He cuddles and loves them, he makes them feel special, he helps take care of them and he is super supportive. We all love you Daddy!

0 comments: