Monday, June 29, 2009

31st Birthday Celebration

My mom lovingly and kindly offered to throw me a little Uruguayan style BBQ in honor of my 31st birthday because with everything going on and the new baby, I didn't have the energy to plan anything myself. I was so grateful to her for arranging everything and letting me invite friends and family.The food was delicious and the company was even better. I was glad that the family could be there, including Ryan and Roman, my uncle and aunt, my grandma and cousin Natalia. Also, I was happy that Mary and Chloe, Marcia and The Astles were able to come.The evening weather was beautiful and so we sat outside to eat and chat. The kids had fun playing together on the deck and dad grilled up the meat.The best surprise as my birthday cake. My mom made a Uruguayan dessert called Espuma de Mar (Sea Foam) which is a sponge, chocolate whipped cream and meringue cake. It is delicious and it had been many years since I had eaten it. Made me think I want to sell it at the bakery.It was a nice, relaxing celebration and I am so thankful for the love I felt from everyone. I do love celebrating birthdays even if I don't like the age I am turning.

1 comments:

Lourie said...

Happy Birthday, Sabrina! That cake sound fabulous! I think it would be a hit at your store.