Thursday, June 26, 2008

Busch Gardens Day 1 - Last Hoorah!




We headed south to Williamsburg for one last Hoorah with the Child Family and anothe trip with the Astles. The Child Family is moving, I hadn't wanted to report it until now because it is too sad for us. We are auditioning for the Child's spot in our friendship roster! :)  
Since we all have kids that are of age for amusement park fun, we decided to go down to Busch Gardens and have at it. I hadn't been since I was a very little girl and I was excited to take my little girl there.
We stayed at a place where in order to stay, someone had to listen to a 2 hour presentation (for a time share) and so we sacrificed Jeff and Jill since they weren't going to buy a timeshare right now and so it wouldn't be hard for them to say no. It was tough though, they got put through the ringer and they also managed to secure some free tickets to Busch.


The first night we decided to hit the park for the evening. We bought the passes that allow us to come back between now and September as many times as we want for free. We are definitely going back! We got a lot done. The kids got to go on rides, the adults got to ride some rollercoasters and we capped off the night watching a cool show called Kinetix.  Jasmine really got into the rides and it was so fun to watch her glee as she got to ride the rides she was tall enough for.  When we were watching Kinetix later on that night, Jasmine looked at us and said, "Mommy, I need to be a ballerina so I can be on that stage!"  The child is dying to perform, I have got to get her on a stage! 

We also had dinner in the park and I have to tell you, the food as delicious and not super expensive. There were two highlights for me, watching my daughter have a fabulous time and getting to ride the Gryffin, the most amazing roller coaster! We got home after 10 PM with very tired kids but we had a great time!

1 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like you had great fun. The picture of you and Lorne is about the best I have seen of the two of you in a long time.