Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jasmine's BirthDAY

On Jasmine's birthday I wanted to make it special for her. Daddy was out of town and so we did Mommy and Jasmine things all day. We invited some friends to come with us to Cameron Run Regional Park, which if you recall was where I took Jasmine last year. She had a much better time this year as she is an official water baby!Tia Casey and Roman joined us as well as Shelly and Ellie. They all had a great time. Roman was quite fond of the water and splashed around happily. Jasmine did go down the water slide once but she decided she didn't like it and wouldn't give it another chance. She did however love the rest of the child water attractions and did not want to go have lunch in the middle of the day.

I decided this year to bring lunch because last year the food was too greasy and not very tasty for the money they wanted us to spend. I packed a cooler with leftovers from her birthday party plus I made cupcakes for everyone. After being kicked out of every place we tried to eat, we were finally relegated to a table next to the metro tracks in full sun. Apparently, our kind was not wanted at an abandoned table in the pavilion where another group was throwing a picnic. No matter, we had our food and went back in for another round of fun.

After we left Cameron Run, she fell asleep in the car - absolutely gorgeous - and when we got home, I put Jasmine to bed for a nap and told her when she woke up, I would have another surprise for her. While she slept, I frantically and quickly decorated a small cake for her.

That evening, we went to Chuck E Cheese, which is one of her most favorite places and had pizza, soda and cake. We were joined by Abuela Susan and Grandpa who loved playing with her and joining us for dinner!

We went back to the house and she opened some gifts from Abuela and Grandpa and then it was time for her to go to bed. She slept very well that night and there was no doubt that she knew it was her special day. I am grateful we are ale to do those things for her and I relish seeing her have a good time. It completely makes my life to see my little girl happy and thriving. Here is to having a 3 year old!

2 comments:

Jill said...

you are right, that picture of her asleep in the carseat is GORGEOUS!!
sounds like a fun day. sorry we had to miss it!!

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Okay...this is what makes me laugh...the cake you made Jasmine, I know in terms of decorating: was "thrown" together and quite simple. Yet, it looks beautiful and I want a bite of it. That shows you have you talent.!

Also, sorry we missed it, but bringing a 2 1/2 month old to the pool was not something I felt was okay to do. Maybe next year!

xoxo,
C

xoxo,
C