Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day

The day after Jasmine's birthday party was Father's Day and we were happy to honor Lorne and my dad. We didn't have time in the morning to do breakfast in bed because people were coming to pick up their Father's Day orders and we had church. At church the children sang to their fathers and the women joined the kids in singing Love One Another with sign language. Lorne smiled the whole way through and I almost started laughing.
After church, I let Lorne take a leisurely 2 hour nap because that is what he loves to do best on Sundays and after he woke up, we joined my family for dinner at Mike's American Grill. We had such a fun time. My parents were there of course and Ryan and Casey with Roman and us. Jasmine was so happy to see everyone for a second day in a row and the food was good and we had lots of fun. I gave Lorne the gift of having his car detailed for Father's Day. He had been talking about having it done and it was sure time. There were sticky areas and lots of dirt in the car and when they were done with the detailing it looked brand new again. Let's see how long we can make it last! Jasmine gave Daddy some books he wanted and he got a great shirt from my parents. All in all, it was a good day.I am so grateful that Lorne is Jasmine's dad and that he is so wonderful with her. He gives her so much love and care and she is his girl. He is a great example of how a Daddy needs to be and I thank Heavenly Father for helping me choose him.

I am also grateful for my own dad who did a great job and stepped uip to the plate when he didn't have to. He was always supportive and there for us. We are lucky that he came into our lives.
We love you Lorne and Dad and Ryan!

0 comments: