Friday, June 27, 2008

Last Hoorah Day 2

We spent the whole second day at Busch Gardens as well. We consciously divided the day into rides for kids and adults. The kids would ride a few and then the adults would ride a few. I love going to amusement parks with other couples because we can take turns watching the kids so the adults get to ride the roller coasters. They have riders switch passes so that we only have to wait in line once and then those that are watching the kids get right on the ride as soon as the others get off.
Jasmine was really wanting to ride the big swings. She had seen them the day before and we promised she could ride them. Surprisingly enough, she was tall enough though I was concerned she would be scared being so high off the ground. Well, my fears were unfounded because she loved it. I think it was her favorite ride.
We also got to ride the Griffon again - what an amazing treat that was. Here are some pics to give you somewhat of an idea.
We stayed the entire day until park closing but it was worth it. We ended up riding almost every ride they had. We missed a couple which I intend to remedy when we go back again. I really loved how kid friendly the park is and how it is themed by countries in Europe. Makes the food more interesting and enjoyable.
One of my favorite moments of the day was when we were eating lunch in Germany and they started doing a show where people danced to polka music played by a live band. At the end, for their final number they did the chicken dance and the dancers came out into the crowd to choose children to dance with them. One of the ladies chose Jasmine and she was so excited. She danced her little heart out! I was excited because she got to be on stage, her favorite thing.
My least favorite moment of the day was making a bad choice to ride the white water rafting ride. Of course there is always a chance you will get wet and I thought perhaps I wouldn't. Well, I was wrong. I should have learned my lesson after watching Lorne get off the ride soaked from head to toe. Well, I ended up the same way and I was wearing denim capris so they were not fast drying. I walked around wet for the rest of the evening and it was pretty uncomfortable. I will not be making that mistake again!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was funny!
I loved that picture of Lorne soaking wet!
Would have loved to have been there with you guys. Looks like it was wonderful fun.