Monday, June 30, 2008

30 and Fabulous

So, it finally happened. The inevitable. I turned 30 years old. I tried to hide, I tried to deny it, I tried to avoid it, but it happened anyway. Oh, to have a little more control over the aging process. So on Wednesday the 25th, my dear friend Laura flew in from London to spend my birthday with me and of course attend my party. This was a long time coming since it has been 2 years since we have seen each other. We didn't miss a beat. It was like we were never apart.Lorne woke me up and begged to give me my gift. I wanted him to give it to me at dinner but he insisted. I was actually surprised he had a gift for me as all I wanted was my party. I reluctantly got dressed and came to the kitchen where there was a HUGE box on the table. I could not possibly imagine what in the world was in the box. I noticed he had it shipped to a friend's house and that was even curiouser. When I opened the box I was shocked to see a new iMac computer for me. It is a gorgeous sexy machine I am still trying to get used to. I practically started crying. I have been wanting this computer but didn't expect it so soon. What a husband! He is really the best there is!On Thursday the 26th, my actual birthday, I filled the day up as much as I could. First, we went to Reston to have lunch with my mom. We went to Ruby Tuesday as everyone had a hankering for their salad bar (hey, a 30 year old woman has got to watch her figure!). It was fun to see my mom and have a nice lunch with her. We then headed into Washington DC for a happy hour with Dr. Miller, a dear friend and one of mine and Laura's favorite professors from the Communication program at GWU. We wanted to go to a place called Rosemary's but they weren't open yet so we went to an Asian place next door called Mandu. It was a nice time but it was tough to have Jasmine there because she always wants so much attention, it was tough to have an adult conversation. I had a nice time but was a bit flustered with Jasmine.After happy hour, we went home to pick up Lorne and we went out to dinner to a restaurant in Great Falls called Serbian Crown. It was a Russian restaurant with an elegant feel. The food was good but very expensive and while I had a really nice dinner, I wouldn't drive all that way to go again. Laura gave me a very cool gift at dinner, a cake server that was shaped like a dog, very unique and cool.All in all, I had a great day and wasn't too focused on the number I was turning!

1 comments:

Summer said...

Looks like you had a non-stop party!

Where are the pictures from the party of the century?