Thursday, September 2, 2010

WMES Open House

The Thursday before school starts, Jasmine's elementary school has an open house and they post the teacher lists so you can come and meet the teacher and see the classroom. We were so excited to go since this is Jasmine's first year in elementary school. We can't believe she is in kindergarten! Lorne tried to tell me that it isn't real school and I tried to explain that it was real school. From what I understand, they learn in kindergarten what I learned in first grade.When we got into the school, we went to the cafeteria where we picked up Jasmine's school supplies. Since I get so busy, I ordered them from the PTA and they were boxed and ready to go. I loved the convenience and plus it is a fundraiser for the school.
We found out that Jasmine got Ms. Certo and we were so excited because that was the teacher we wanted for her. Our neighbor Kelleen had a daughter in her class and highly recommended her.We walked down to the classroom and met Ms. Certo and when Lorne looked around the room and read the paperwork he leaned into me and said, "Oh my gosh - this is real school." I laughed and agreed that it is indeed real school and our firstborn is fast growing up.
Ava had fun pottering around the classroom and as I watched her I knew it wouldn't be long until she was joining her sister in real school...sigh.

1 comments:

Summer said...

Seriously I think some of the things Hayden learned in kindergarten, I learned in grade 3! He is already bringing home some homework that I don't understand at first look and he is in grade 2!