Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

It was finally here - the first day of school. When I walked into Jasmine's room I announced loudly, "First Day of School!" and she giggled with joy. She was so very excited. I got her dressed and did her hair and then it was time for breakfast. All her school supplies were ready to go in her backpack and I packed her lunch while she ate her breakfast.
We took the obligatory pictures and then off to school we went. We were allowed to walk Jasmine to her classroom for the first week and then we had to cut the cord.
We took a few pictures inside the classroom, kissed her goodbye and left. It was a very bittersweet moment. My baby is looking so grown up. We stopped into the library for an informational PTA meeting for new parents and Ava had a blast being a distraction and checking out all the books.
After school, when I picked Jasmine up she was a bubble of happy energy. She told me that her first day was fantastic and that she had made new friends and told me all about what they had done. She decided she loved school and was excited to go the next day. I was so happy because I always loved school and hoped that Jasmine would too.

0 comments: