Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Taste of Mount Vernon at Woodlawn

Having been a member of the local Chamber of Commerce for the past two years and being quite active in it, they asked me to be the chairperson of the Taste of Mount Vernon event which I participated in last year.
This year, the event was held at Woodlawn Plantation which is conveniently located across the street from my shop. We secured about 15 local vendors and sold a fair amount of tickets. We did a drawing at the shop and gave out a few sets of tickets as well.It was a very warm evening and the tent had a lot of people in it. It was a hugely successful event and I was happy that it all went so well. The food was good and the people were all in a happy mood.Our table was run by Mod and we did well and got lots of great feedback on our cupcakes as well. I do love participating in this event and hope it will continue to draw more and more people so we can boost local business sales.

0 comments: