Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mary's Bachelorette Party

After the bridal shower, we went back to Mary's sister Michelle's house where we got ready for the bachelorette party. I love that they did them both in the same day so I could be there for both. We were a small group of girls but we had a great time. After we got gussied up, we got Mary ready with all the appropriate costuming she required to have a great night.Our first stop was an area winery where we got a tour of the facility and a tasting - I had a fruity water which was very good. We had fun getting a behind the scenes tour of the wine making process and I found it interesting to see how everything is done.After the winery, it was time to go out to dinner so we went to a sushi restaurant and it was such a cute and delicious little place. I did a funny face with the wine bottle since I don't drink - and I thought the picture was funny - don't anyone get offended! I ordered some pineapple rice which was amazing and reminded me of when I was in Thailand. Anything served in half a pineapple is bound to be good and this was no exception.After dinner, we headed to a hotel for dessert and drinks. I had my signature drink which is half pineapple and half cranberry with a twist of lime and we each got a different dessert and had fun sharing and trying the different ones. We tried to dare Mary to do funny things but she wouldn't have it - even still, we laughed and enjoyed each others company. I ended the night crashed in Mary's sister's house on her living room couch - too reminiscent of college but fine for a short night's sleep.

0 comments: