Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pretzel Sunday

Since this calendar year we have church starting at 1 PM (we hate it by the way), we have a long morning where we can either waste time waiting to go to church or do something productive. Lorne has taken up baking new recipes that he wants to try and I must say I am loving it. His first project was making soft pretzels.He tends to wake up before I do, especially on Sundays and he has been so good to let me sleep in while he takes care of Jasmine and this particular Sunday he had Jasmine helping him make the pretzels. She has become quite the little helper and will help in whatever way she can as long as you let her!She loves brushing the egg white onto the pretzels and helped with the salting of them. I also decided to put cinnamon sugar on a couple to see how that would turn out.They came out of the oven about 20 minutes before we had to leave for church, so we all enjoyed warm pretzels before we left. It was such a treat and they turned out so good - I felt very lucky to have a husband who is as good in the kitchen as I am - this way, we take turns making each others tummies happy!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That pic of Jasmine smiling is so pretty!!!

Emmy said...

Man! I am so hungry every time I come to your blog! You're killing me!