Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Making the Class Valentines

Jasmine was very excited for her Valentines party at school this year and she was even more excited to help and make the Valentines for her class. Since it was so hectic for me last year, I wasn't able to actually sit with her and do them so my parents came over and helped while I filled Valentines orders. This year I either managed my time better or I didn't procrastinate because I was able to sit with her and so was daddy.
She had a great time putting all the little bags of candy together while Mommy wrote out the cards for each class member and daddy sealed all the bags. It was quite the little production line. It was cute to watch Jasmine meticulously count the candy to make sure everyone got the same amount and we even had some special candy for the little girl in her class who is allergic to peanuts. Jasmine was sure to separate the bag away from the others so she would remember which one it was when it was time to attach the cards to the bags.We finished in about an hour and Jasmine couldn't wait to take them to her friends. I really loved being able to sit at the kitchen table and do a little simple activity like that as a family and just enjoy each others company. That is the sweet stuff life is made of for me.

0 comments: