Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baby Zsa-Zsa at 29 weeks

So, I am officially in my third trimester and thought it would be a good time for an update. I am 29 weeks along and April seems like it will arrive at its normal time. This pregnancy has been eerily like my first one, nothing new, all the same pains and complaints. The only difference is that everything is happening sooner and I haven't gained as much weight.
I am experiencing the getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and the average these days is twice a night. Once around 2 AM and once around 4 AM give or take some minutes. This is not only disturbing to me, as I have to wake up each time and try not to fall over when I get out of bed, but it is also bothering Lorne's sleep. The other sleep problem has been that I use a pillow in between my knees and one under my belly for support (I find if I don't do this my lower back hurts a ton the next day) and every time I roll over, the pillows have to come too - meaning, I wake up to do this and it hurts terribly to roll over since my lower back hurts, my pelvic bone is soft and hurts and my ab muscles have ceased working. So sleep isn't working well for me right now, which is annoying since I know I will be losing sleep once the baby comes. And poor Lorne is also being crowded with pillows in his bed and a wife that keeps waking him up all night.
I had an appointment last week and the Dr. seemed pleased. I do not have gestational diabetes and only gained 4 lbs. from the prior appointment which was also good. This makes my weight gain so far about 16 lbs. which is a far cry from the total of 50 lbs. I put on during Jasmine's pregnancy. I do still have 2 months left so who knows what will happen but I am trying to be better this time as I struggled to lose the weight last time. It doesn't matter that much honestly that I haven't gained as much since I feel like a whale anyway and I waddle when I walk. It's OK - I know it is all worth it! I am also measuring where I should be and the baby moves a lot, which has always been comforting to me.My current cravings are crunching on ice (did this during my pregnancy with Jas too), cereal (all kinds so long as the milk is nice and cold), McDonalds (which I try not to give into too much or we will have a weight problem), cucumbers and smoothies (which I make with flaxseeds for good intestinal health).
We have nicknamed the baby Baby Zsa-Zsa (as in Zsa-Zsa Gabor). This nickname has come because we haven't decided on a name yet and Lorne came up with this when we were on our cruise. It is funny because we all call the baby that - even Jasmine. I am sure this nickname will linger even after we agree on her name.
We are excited about our new addition and can't wait to meet her and introduce her to all of you. Jasmine has been talking non-stop about all the things she wants to show the baby when she comes and that she wants to share her toys and show her the world. I am so excited that these two could have a great sisterly bond (something I really know nothing about cultivating since I do not have a sister) and I know Jasmine will be the best big sister ever.

10 comments:

Summer said...

You look fabulously beautiful! Sending you happy sleepy thoughts to balance out all your insane Valentine baking.

Lorne said...

For those that haven't made the connection - Zsa-Zsa was a permanant fixture on "The Love Boat", so I thought it only fitting that we bring along our own Zsa-Zsa for our cruise. I never did find a "Julie" tho'...

Unknown said...

What, you didn't want to call the baby 'Gopher'?

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

At least you can roll over! I could only sleep on my left side. Can you imagine not being able to sleep on your back OR your right side for majority of your pregnancy? :)

Good job on keeping the weight gain down. Put that on top of breastfeeding and you will back to your pre-pregnancy weight in no time! :)

Love,
Me

Jill said...

Summer is right, you do look beautiful! We are so happy to hear that all is well with little Zsa-Zsa. We can't wait to meet her sometime. Soon we hope!

Lorne said...

We couldn't name her Gopher...she's a GIRL! (...and hopefully will never work at a bar).

Susan said...

Zsa Zsa meets the criteria for names. It is unusual and the previous owner of the name was beautiful and succesfull. :)

Dayna said...

Are you drinking your Melaleuca night time tea? P.S. You look awesome.

Libbyann78 said...

you look radiant! And, you KNOW you have LOTS of sisters!

Amanda said...

Congrats! My little one is 6 weeks old now and I remember the bed/pillow thing too well. I bought a body pillow and somehow my husband thought it was for him.
I love stopping in to check out all your wonderful cake designs. Beautiful work.