Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Little One is a Sunbeam!

Jasmine has graduated from nursery at church as of the beginning of this year. This means that she is now in mainstream Primary, with the other kids ages 3-12. The year a child turns 4 they become a Sunbeam and it is so cute at the beginning of each year to see the cute Sunbeams sitting on the front row. I get the privilege of being in Primary as I am in charge of the music each and every Sunday.
I was nervous that Jasmine would have a hard time staying in her seat and being good since I was in the room. I was also scared she wouldn't adapt well to the new format she would be in. I am not sure why I was worried since Jasmine loves to be with other kids and she likes doing what the big kids are doing. I had had some problems when I was doing the singing in Nursery because she didn't want to listen to me and she often wanted to lead the music and not let me do my job.
I had nothing to be worried about, her first Sunday in Primary was amazing. She came in and sat down in her class and she stayed there and behaved and tried learning the new songs I was teaching and did well when it was time to go to class as well. She is growing so fast I can hardly believe I have a child old enough to be in Primary. I no longer have a baby!

2 comments:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Boy, does her smile look like Lorne's in this pic (with your eyes of course). She is getting bigger by the minute. I need some Jasmine time soon. I haven't spent quality time with her since I got pregnant.

You no longer have a baby, but you have one on the way, so no worries! :)

Susan said...

That outfit looks perfect on her. I can't wait to see her in Primary. Let me know when she has a talk.