Monday, January 19, 2009

Jen Uhlir's Baby Shower

It was fun to be able to attend a baby shower for my dear friend Jen Uhlir here in Northern Virginia since she and her husband Nik have moved to Boston in the past year and I haven't had a chance to see her for a while. It is great she still has so many friends and in-laws here that it made since for her to travel and attend a shower here.
I was asked to make the cake and I made the lamb cake for her you saw in the previous post. My good friend Jasa threw the shower but many of Jen's friends got to participate by some bringing food, and some in charge of games, etc.
We had a good time playing some games (I won them all - sly grin...) such as the pin game, which is actually a game I am not a huge fan of but won anyway. In this game you can't say a certain word (in this case the word was baby) and if you catch someone saying it, you steal their pin and the person with the most pins wins. We also played a game where baby objects are put into bags and you have to feel the bag and guess what the item is. We also played a game where we had to decorate a peanut. This was a game made up by one of Jen's friends because Jen and Nik are calling the baby Peanut as a nickname as they don't know what they are having and don't want to know until the baby is born. I have a bit of a creative gene so when Jen chose 2 winners, I was one chosen.Then Jen got to open the mounds of gifts she received and it was fun to see all the cute baby stuff she got. It made me excited to have another baby of my own.All in all, it was a great time and I was so happy to spend some time with friends I hadn't seen for a while and celebrate the Uhlir's new addition.

1 comments:

Susan said...

I'll guess a girl. Of course I am so bad at guessing!