Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Vacation Day 6 - Last Day on Ship and At Sea

Well, I have to say that there isn't a lot to say about the last day on board the ship. We essentially did nothing of importance and I didn't even take a lot of pictures. We got up, had breakfast, went back to our room (while Jasmine went to the Fun Factory) and read a book, I fell asleep nap had a nap, eventually Lorne fell asleep and had a nap, and then we woke up and picked up Jasmine for lunch.
After lunch, Jasmine went back to the Fun Factory and I went to the last art auction on the ship. It was really interesting because as they auction off the art, they tell you about the artist and the paintings and I learned a lot about art and now have a sense of the type of art I like. I didn't buy anything or win anything but I enjoyed sitting there learning.
After the auction, we strolled into the end of the salsa dance lesson and had some more dancing fun. Lorne is such a good dancer, it is a pleasure to dance with him and we had fun being silly and pulling out the sultry moves. One day I want to take a dance class with him - some type of ballroom.
We picked up Jasmine and got ready for dinner. Since it was our last night on the ship, we had Jasmine with us for dinner. The food was again stellar and we had a great time.We dropped Jasmine off at the Fun Factory and we strolled around until Karaoke started. They decided to do it again since it had been so popular before. I was excited and we saw the group we had made friends with the fist night. They were a bunch of characters and they had decided to give out prizes to the singers. Some they had bought at the gift shop and some they had pilfered from around the ship. I was the first one to get a prize and they awarded me with Salt Water Taffy for my rendition of Like a Virgin by Madonna which they thought was even more funny due to the fact that I am noticeably pregnant.Even Lorne got into the fun, which is rare since he doesn't like to sing in public. He actually told me he would sing if I sang with him and so we did our rendition of I Got You Babe and people loved it - they cheered pretty loudly for us and we were awarded 2 vases filled with party snack mix. We didn't eat it and we left it behind. But we had fun.The only thing was that the guy who was running the Karaoke was a bit of a prick and kept letting people who hadn't been sitting there for hours and waiting for their turn, cut in line to sing just because they hadn't sung yet. It made many of us pretty mad because I never did get another turn after I sung at 9 PM and we were there until midnight. I have never seen Karaoke run this way before and I was mad and all of us who had been there the whole time were disappointed.We went and picked up our angel and within minutes of being back in our stateroom, she was fast asleep. We too fell asleep rather quickly as we had to be up early in the morning to depart the ship.

0 comments: