Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh Yes! It's Ladies Night!

I have made some new friends lately and also have some amazing friends that I have had for years and some I don't get to see often so I decided to remedy this mess by having a girl's night at my house. I wanted to get a great group of girlfriends together and have them all meet each other and just have a relaxing evening together.
I was excited that so many of my friends were so interested in coming and I was sad that some couldn't make it. I have vowed not to let that be the last one I do this year for sure.
I had everyone bring a finger food to share and consequently, we had a lot of delicious food. Everyone outdid themselves and I was lucky to have leftover party food that I snacked on for like 4 days after!We played a great getting to know you game where we went one at a time and said 3 things about ourselves that define who we are and 3 things we would never do. As well as I know some of my friends, I learned tons more about them that night and I loved that game. Everyone got into it as well and I love how everyone got a chance to have their voice heard by everyone.
I was originally going to show a chick flick but everyone was having so much fun talking to each other and mingling and eating that I felt bad interrupting that vibe by putting on a movie. Next time I think I will play a movie though because it is hard to get my husband to sit and watch some of that stuff with me. I need a group of girlfriends to do that with!
Lorne was very supportive and took Jasmine out to Chuck E. Cheese for the evening and when they returned, they made a cameo at the party before they went upstairs and watched a movie together. It was a late night for Jasmine but I love that she got to spend special time with her daddy.It was a really good time and I was sad to see the evening end, especially since I am a person who gets energized being around lots of people. My last friends left around 12:30 AM and I sat and enjoyed the silence and basked in the fun I had just had before heading off to bed. I loved the evening, and hoped everyone else did too! Who's hosting the next one?
Here are some pictures with me and each guest -

Cindy Zarcone
Amber White
Tricia Moore
Marcia Crandall
Chrissy Tabaka
Kelleen Trauger
Mary Ady
Mary Yeagley
Erin Dyal
My Mom
Cheryl Russell - Cindy's Mom
Katie - Erin's Sister
Sarah Epling

2 comments:

Emmy said...

So are you pregnant or what! you look so stunning!!!

Jill said...

That looks like it was a great night. I'm so sad I missed it!