Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yes - #2 is on it's way!

No, your eyes do not deceive you, there is a new ticker on our blog that is a pregnancy ticker. We are in fact just entering our second trimester in this exciting pregnancy. Our due date is April 23, 2009 and we do not yet know what we are having. We are hoping to know before Christmas.
We have known we were pregnant for a while now but we didn't want to say anything until the chance of miscarriage was minimal. Back at the beginning of August, I had a feeling I might be pregnant so on day 27 of my cycle I decided to take a test. It was negative. I didn't despair because I know my body and I knew there was something going on. We waited until day 34 and when I still didn't get my period we took another test. This time it immediately showed I was pregnant and Lorne and I were so happy. I called the Dr. to let them know and they scheduled me to come in and check my numbers to make sure I was indeed pregnant and that the beta numbers were where they were supposed to be.
They took blood 3 times that week to make sure the numbers were climbing in the right direction and when they were satisfied, they did a 6 and 7 week ultrasound. Here is a picture of our then peanut. We celebrated as a family in the middle of August at the Melting Pot and Jasmine seemed to be excited too, but she still doesn't fully understand what this REALLY means for her. I guess she is in for a rude shock come April, though we think she will be a wonderful big sister. She already showed she loves babies and is so good with them. That is pretty much it in our story for now, but we are excited to share our joy with everyone and look forward to keeping you informed during the next 6 months.

5 comments:

Tal gal said...

Yahoo for baby #2! Congratulations again to all of you!

Jill said...

Yeah!! Yeah!! YEAH!!! We are so super excited for you. Congratulations!!! Good luck in the coming months. It goes by much quicker the second time around! I wish you very little morning sickness!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family!

Emmy said...

Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!

LOVE YOU!
xoxo-emmy

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

...I swell with excitement over this news every time I think on it. You are such a great Mommy and Lorne a fabulous Daddy that this child is already blessed!

I can't wait to be a Tia for a 2nd time! Cheers!

xoxo,
C