Monday, October 13, 2008

In the beginning, all America was Virginia

Since Lorne had the day off on Columbus Day, we decided to take a day trip to Richmond with Dad. Our goal was to go to a museum where they had a large display of Faberge eggs but when we got there, they were closed until Wednesday. That didn't stop us, we found another museum a block away that we spent some time in called the Virginia Historical Society.It was a great museum, chock full of early Virginia History. They had some great displays and interactive activities Jasmine could participate in. She got dressed up as an early Virginia settler and it was so cute to see her get excited about that. There was a fine display of different modes of transport and old Virginia pottery. It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff is out there to be collected into a museum. I bet I could gather a few things, come up with a catchy name and have a museum of my own. This is not to say that I do not enjoy mucking around in museums, I often learn a lot and am fascinated by the record keeping that has been done to supply my mind with so much historical information.We headed back at the end of the day and stopped to show dad our previously purchased and sold house in Richmond and then had a leisurely drive back home. It was a really nice day.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I find it kinda amusing that back in the day someone could think it a good move to name a new territory after someone's sexual status?!? What's up with that?
"What ho chaps, a new land for us to explore. Here's an idea, how about we name it - 'Single-but-looking-land'..." "I claim this land for Australia and name it 'Honk-if-you're-horny-onia'..."
Ok - I know, I'm still not funny.
;-)