Thursday, February 28, 2008

Resolutions Check In


So we are just about ending the second month of 2008 and so I thought I should check in and let you know how I am doing on the resolutions I have set for myself this year.

1. My first goal was to go to the gym 3 times a week and I am happy to report that I have been working out 6 out of 7 days a week (an average of 4 times at the gym and 2 times outside). I have been training for the Avon Walk and also trying my hand at a body flow class (I wrote about this a few weeks ago).

2. My second goal was to lose 20 lbs. I am on my way - last time I weighed myself I had lost 6 lbs! I know that as I continue to work on goal #1, I will make this goal too!

3. My third goal was to read to Jasmine everyday. I am doing pretty well on this one. The days I miss, Lorne takes over, so the little one is being read to everyday even if I am not always the one doing the reading.

4. My fourth goal was to read my scriptures every night before going to bed. This one is actually a hard one and I am sad to report I haven't been doing as well on that one. Our bishop asked us to read the Book of Mormon this year so I am going to buck up and get this goal to where it should be.

5. My fifth goal was to purge the house of unnecessary things. This is not something that can be accomplished in only 2 months but I did purge the yellow guest room (that was a wreck) so that is clean now and have been slowly going through my clothes to get rid of the ones that don't fit or that I don't wear. This will be something I work on all year I think!

6. The sixth goal was to organize my home and keep it tidy. I think the house is beating me on this one but I will prevail - I am still working towards this one!

7. My seventh goal is going well. I resolved to keep up this blog with at least 2 entries a week and I have not failed yet! Yay!

8. My eighth goal is not yet reached. I have not yet finished Jasmine's first year scrapbook but I am up to month 9 so hopefully I will finish before she turns 3!

9. My ninth goal was to make healthier food choices and take my vitamins daily. Well, I suck at remembering to take my vitamins but I am making better food choices so that is alright I guess.

10. My last goal was to plant a garden. As it is not yet spring, I have not even gone towards this goal except to gather seeds for some of the flowers I would like to have in the garden.

All in all, things are not that bleak and I feel like I am getting on track and have not broken the resolves. It is good for me to do a self-evaluation every so often so I can keep my goals and I know that when you have them written down and feel accountable, that helps you reach them. So don't forget to ask me now and again how it's going and how I am doing - I promise not to be offended if you ask about the weight loss! :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

You are doing awesome!! You will be able to join me for a jog when I come visit for your birthday! :) Keep up the good work.

Sabrina said...

I don't know about a jog - but a good brisk walk would work!

Dayna said...

You look lovely, as does your new blog layout. Very creative!

Laura said...

you look so thin!