Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Castoff!

Today was the big day that Jasmine got her cast removed. It is also a school day so we arrived a bit late to school. We got to our appointment at 8:30 AM and Jasmine was so excited to get the cast off. I took some fun pictures and a video so enjoy! My favorite part was when the cast came off and Jasmine exclaimed, "It doesn't hurt anymore!" The Doctor was impressed that she had great mobility in her wrist and didn't appear stiff. They did an x-ray and the bones looked 95% healed and they have asked that she come back in 4 weeks for one more x-ray as the fractures were near the growth plate but she doesn't need another cast or anything and the Doctor was happy with her progress! I was happy that she has been using it today and eating well with a fork again.

4 comments:

Jill said...

That was VERY cute! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Susan said...

Great movies! She is amazing. I was surprised she could useher hand right away after thecast came off!

Summer said...

I don't blame her for being nervous! I had a cast off when I was 5 and the doctor sliced my arm as he was cutting the cast off! I am sure that you will both be happier now that the cast is off.

Hannah said...

What a doll!! So brave too