Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I LOVE IT!!

OK so as you all know by now I am training for the Avon Walk and have a schedule to help me be ready in time. I am a person who loves schedules and lists that I can mark off my progress. I like to know I am on track and have visual proof of it. That being said, yesterday I went and walked 3 miles (after being sick for a week it was tough) and today is supposed to be what they call a cross training day. Well, I had no idea what that means except that I know it means I shouldn't necessarily be walking (I have to do another 3 miles tomorrow according to the plan) so I went to the gym and decided to try a Body Flow class.
The body flow class includes tai chi and yoga. This sounded like something I wanted to try because as I was watching Oprah yesterday (many of you know how I feel about her) Dr. Oz was showing some yoga moves and explaining how good they are for you. Also, if you know me well, you will know that I am not a very flexible person at all and I am starting to get old so my flexibility will worsen (if that is even possible for me). So all in all, this sounded like a positive way to spend my time.
Well, can I just tell you how much I loved it. I didn't think I would but it is the right amount of exertion and workout and stretching to make me feel challenged but also good at the end of it all! So every Wednesday and Friday you can find me at the Body Flow class!

0 comments: