Wednesday, October 3, 2007

When will we be ready?

Potty training has been a slow ongoing process, we have tried to ease Jasmine into it so that she doesn't get scarred from it and make it worse for us. I let her come into the bathroom when I go and she did ask to go to the potty once last week, but I think it was only to play with her potty toy since she didn't use the toilet. What happened today was a reflection of all my efforts thus far. I had gone to Target to get some prescriptions and other things we needed and all of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom. I made a beeline for the restroom and of course brought Jasmine in with me. I had her stand there and I did my business. As soon as she realized I was done, she clapped her hands and smiled and said, "Good job Mommy, Muy Bien!!" followed by, "Let me see Mommy, let me see!" I let her see and then flushed and as I flushed she waved at the potty and said, "Bye caca, byebye". Sigh...if only the roles would have been reversed today!

1 comments:

Libbyann78 said...

This is SO like a funny email fwd I have received/sent out before...only the lil boy is applauding his mommy for going "stinkies"...it is HILARIOUS. I about peed my pants reading it. I'll have to see if I still have it...maybe I have sent it to you before? I dunno!