Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jasmine Cutieisms

So, I have some fun Jasmine stories that have happened recently and because I wanted to keep all of the Germany posts together, I waited until now to share.

Last Wednesday, Jasmine asked to go have her nap time early because she wanted to but as it was only noon I said no, it was too early. I fed her lunch at 12:30 PM and she was happily eating so I stepped away for a bit to check the computer. I knew she had to finish her hot dog and cheese so I yelled into the kitchen, "Jasmine, you know you have to finish your hot dog and cheese before you get strawberries" and I didn't hear a thing. I got up to inspect what was going on and she had fallen asleep at the table. It was so cute and definitely a first. I took pictures and also called Lorne up from the basement to see. We had a chuckle over that!


Jasmine decided to throw a temper tantrum and laid on the office floor and cried and kicked her legs and Lorne and I decided to let her get over it. She finally got up and was whimpering and Lorne turned to her and said, "Aww sweetie, come give Daddy a kiss." and she replied with a sniffle, "No thanks, I'm too sad." I almost fell out of my chair it was so funny because if you could hear the seriousness in her voice when she said it, it was something you can't describe!


We were out having lunch and usually Jasmine likes to try my food. I thought I would offer for her to try it before she began demanding I give it to her so I asked her, "Jasmine, would you like to try Mommy's food?" She looked and me and said with a really earnest face, "No, sweetie."


She has begun noticing that Mommy & Daddy call each other different names, pet names if you wish. She will open the door to the basement when Lorne is working down there and yells loudly, "Babe! Babe! Where are you?"


We bought her a little baby doll on Saturday that cried when you take the pacifier out of her mouth and comes with a little pretend milk bottle and other baby accessories. She has taken to being very diligent with her baby and will feed it every 2 minutes or so and will pull out the pacifier so the baby starts crying and then will loudly announce, "Mommy, Look! she's crying". It is funny because she does this fully knowing the baby doll will cry so it makes it funny that she does it on purpose. Sunday afternoon during one of her feeding frenzies with the doll, she put the bottle to the baby's mouth and said in an exasperated voice, "Geez lady, eat something! Go to sleep" and she made a loud sigh and walked away. I couldn't help but giggle in amazement.


As I was working at the computer the other day, out of the blue, Jasmine walks up and exclaims with her arms outstretched, "Mommy, I CAN'T believe it!" When I asked her what she couldn't believe she looked at me and walked away as if I was so dumb I didn't get it.

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Love the cute stories. My favorite was "No sweetie!" Hilarious.

Libbyann78 said...

I love those type of moments! That is why I started my blog to get them down! So funny! I have lots to catch up on for mine, too!