Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thank Goodness it's Over!


As many of you are already aware, I am in the Primary Presidency at church and was assigned to write the Primary program this year. Every year, the kids put on a program during the main sacrament meeting for their parents that shares with them all they have learned that year with the central theme of the year. This is done with a script and music. I love writing these kinds of things and felt I had a great program written.
Friday night we had a dress rehearsal in the chapel and it was disastrous! The kids were terribly behaved, the program went a lot longer than it was supposed to go and I had a huge headache when it was over and I felt a sense of doom and dread for today when the program would be performed. Mind you, this is a 40 minute program which is no easy task to coordinate! This year's theme was I'll Follow Him in Faith.
Well, today came and I rushed around to get ready and got to church early to help get the kids situated and ready. The program went without a hitch. It was beautiful, the kids did an AMAZING job and the Spirit was very strong. I was so touched that several times during the program I had tears streaming down my face. I knew that the Savior was near, I knew that Heavenly Father was pleased with the children and with me. It was a very sweet feeling.
We let the children have a relaxing Sunday, I made cupcakes and brought them and they had treats and watched a church video. I love being with the children every Sunday. I love them all very much and seeing them performing today made me so proud - I felt as proud as if they were my own children!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I understand how exhausted you must be. I did it for years. But, it is worth the effort. To hear the children bear their testimonies is very special. It reminds us that the gospel is simple. We try to make it so hard at times. The strongest messages are those that are sincere and without adornments. We had our own program yesterday as well and it was quite excellent. The children talked clearly and sang strongly and with conviction. I played the piano and I even played the organ for the closing hymn. It was fun.

Shelly said...

Isn't it so nice to be on the other end of the program (timewise) I was SO happy when ours was done last month. Good for you!

Emmy said...

Yay for perseverance! (sp?) Ours is next week. I was just released as R.S. presidency and now am in primary. Should be fun! So, my first official week in I get to do the sacrament program. FUN!