Saturday, October 27, 2007

She took a bow

Our little Ham!

Jasmine and I took a field trip today to Allside. This company is working with our contractor to install new windows, shutters and doors on our house before it gets too cold and we had to go there to pick it all out. I was a little concerned with how Jasmine would behave, but she did amazingly well, I never had to yell or call her away from destruction. She was an angel.

She decided she wanted to do a little singing concert for the guys at Allside. Since it has been raining here the past few days, she learned the song "It's Raining, It's Pouring" from preschool yesterday. She started singing and her sweet little voice echoed in the large room. The man helping us stopped what he was doing to listen and so did the rest of us. When she was done, we all clapped for her and she was beaming. Then, she did a wonderful rendition of "My Grandfather's clock" which Lorne taught her (I had never heard this song until a month ago) and again when she was done, we all clapped. She looked at us and gave a HUGE bow and then turned on her heel and walked away. It was absolutely precious and the guy said, "I can't believe she just took a bow, she's 2 right?"

The other cute thing she did was also last night. Many of you know that I sing with the Mormon Choir of Washington and we rehearse on Thursday nights. As Lorne travels so much for his job, I have a weekly deal with Kelleen, my dearest friend and neighbor, that she takes Jasmine for the evening and when I get back, I pick her up. Well, I think Jasmine has gotten used to this and now even expects it. Of course they do things like have yummy dinner (Domino's pizza last night) and have dance parties (to the Wiggles and Hannah Montana). So, when I pulled into the driveway of Kelleen's house last night, Jasmine looked up enthusiastically and said, "Mommy, it's Kelleen time!" Too funny!


0 comments: