Friday, August 24, 2007

Mama's Got a Brand New Toy!!

So, today has to be my lucky day. Let me begin by saying that I took the little one to the Dr. about her fainting spell yesterday (they asked I bring her in after I called the nurse about it last night). They checked all her airways, her heart and eyes and ears and decided that she is a fine healthy 2 year old that has a temper and chose to display it in that manner yesterday. Nothing to worry about they said - WHEW!

Well, when I got home, I called Marcia and in the midst of our conversation, she mentioned that Williams Sonoma had the Kitchen Aid Pro 600 Series mixer for $199 (certain colors - among them green) - I almost choked on air - that is $400 mixer I have been drooling over for a few years (even before cake but a lot since doing cake). She said that she had called around to the Williams Sonoma stores in our area and no one had any left - However the W.S. in Old Town Alexandria (the closest store to my house) had a red one on sale for $269 - a still unbeatable price! So I asked Lorne if it was OK and he said, "Go get it" - so off I went.

Well, when I got there they had the red one but they had also found one more green one in the back (did I mention green was on sale for $199???) and so they said I had a choice. Well, let me tell you, I did not care what color it was, it could have been tie-dyed for all I cared. I said I would take the green one for $199 - (I actually spent $209 after tax). But wait - there's more - I also get a rebate I send in for an extra bowl (a $60 value!). I am so excited you all cannot imagine - I have been working out of a 4 Qt. Artisan Kitchen Aid for 5 years and especially with the cake business it was just too small! The poor thing has earned a rest - it will still be a soldier in my cake empire but it won't have to do all the heavy lifting because there's a NEW mixer in town! YAY!!

Now, I get the mixer home just as the phone is ringing and there is someone who got my business card from a coffee shop and she wants a wedding cake and a grooms cake for a wedding in May. I was so excited and then checked my e-mail - a previous customer e-mailed me that she wanted to order 2 cakes for October!

So, a healthy girl, a new mixer (at a steal) and 4 cake orders - nothing can ruin this day! Oh - and also found out my cousin's baby Valentino was born in Hawaii yesterday so good news all around! Can you tell how happy I am?

2 comments:

Summer said...

Congrats on your new arrival! I am now insanely jealous! I just drooled over a Kitchen Aid in a department store this weekend.

Hannah said...

Hey! Just found your blog from CC. Hope you don't mind me posting. You new cake toy is gorgeous!! I'm jealous. I have 2 of my own but one more couldn't hurt right?

By the way, nice to meet you. My name is Hannah.