Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hanging out at the dealership

So I bit the bullet and took my car into the dealership today under duress. My check engine light came on about 8 months ago and I had never bothered to check it out because the dealership was in Vienna and it was a pain to go out there and also because the car seemed to be running fine and going there always takes so much time. Well......Lorne decided I needed to take the car for it's 50,000 service and have them find out why the light was on. But he was a sweetheart and found there was a dealership much closer that Vienna - just off of Backlick Rd before Franconia! So I called and made an appointment. The guy said bring it in at 1PM and I told him I would wait for the car - I had no other way of leaving. So I showed up at the appointed time and about an hour later he came in to talk to me and told me the deal. Seems I had 3 hoses cracked and leaking that needed to be fixed and that is why the light came on. Well, the coat os repair was reasonable and so I accepted my fate. They also did the service. Well, the only thing was that he said it would take 2 more hours after that and I thought Jasmine was going to go crazy.

The guy said they had a shuttle car that could take us to the mall, so off we went. We meandered in the mall for a few hours and Jasmine even rode the merry-go-round. She got mad when the ride was over - she thought she should be allowed to go again - unfortunately mommy was out of money. Well, alls well that ends well, the car runs better (I can actually tell the difference) and the maintenance total was only $440 - so for the first time since buying the car that isn't so bad! But it just took my whole day!

3 comments:

Jill said...

man! what a day! Did Jasmine ever get her nap? You should have called me... you could have come over here!

Shelly said...

Why didn't you call me? Next time call one of us!

Summer said...

What a nice surprise that the bill wasn't too bad. James just went in for his first serious repair and the estimate was 200 and came out to over 350! We also found out that we have a $1500 repair lurking in the future because of a flaw in the design of our car! That one is going to hurt!