Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend in Columbus

I was really excited to go to Columbus, OH to see my friend Amy and celebrate with her for her baby shower so I worked my tail off to get free time over the weekend. I also decided that it would be fun to bring the family with me since the baby shower would only be a couple of hours on Saturday.
We packed the kids late Friday night after I finished working and took off out of town. We had been driving a couple of hours when my cell phone rang. It was Amy telling me that she and her husband had just been in a car accident and she was on her way to the hospital to be checked. I was shaken but didn't want to turn around and go home.
She said she felt fine but that they wanted to check her anyway and so she said she would keep us posted on the status and that she looked forward to having her baby shower the next day.
The next morning, I got a phone call from Amy telling me that they were keeping her in the hospital until that evening and so she would have to miss her baby shower. We were so bummed about it but we packed up the family and went to the hospital to pay her a little visit.
It was nice that we could be there and spend some quiet moments with her in the hospital. We were relieved that she was fine and that she was in very good spirits, but a little tired. She suggested we go to her home that evening after she was released and we could eat together. Meanwhile, she suggested we spend the day at the Columbus Zoo. I thought this was a great idea because in all the years I loved there, I had never been to the Zoo and I hear it is a pretty good one.
I was so glad I had my family with me and we left Amy at the hospital resting and we headed off for some fun at the zoo. It really is a lovely zoo and they had great animals and things for us to see. Both girls seemed to really enjoy it and I know Lorne and I did. Just check out the pictures and you can see the fun!We did end up going to Amy's house that night for dinner with her and Steven and Amy's parents. They catered in some BBQ and it was delicious. We then just rested with them and chatted and got a tour of their new home. It was so very nice to be able to spend time with them, even if it had to include a car accident!

0 comments: