Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ava turns 1 Year Old!

Ava made it! She turned one and she is still a delight! We threw a party in her honor in our front yard. We decided on a French Poodle in Paris theme and were so excited how the front yard looked.Ava looked darling and was in great spirits. The food was also yummy and people came hungry. It was a first for me in that I planned almost perfectly, there wasn't anything left pretty much when the party was over.I had so much fun making her cake. It is one of my favorites that I have made. It made a nice centerpiece to the table.So many friends and family came to the party and it was so nice to see how much everyone loves Ava. She really is so easy to love and it makes my heart happy when others love her like we do.We had crafts for the kids to do - they painted sun catchers and we had the moon bounce up as well. It is becoming the staple for all of our parties.Then we had to do a Pinata - we did one for Jasmine's first birthday and it was so fun that I wanted to do it again. Ava went first since she was the birthday girl. She seemed to enjoy it but I am sure she had no idea what was going on. Jasmine took a turn and had fun - as did all the other children. Since no one broke it, I strutted up to give it a go. I knew I could break it but I thought Rory would have more fun breaking it so I let him have the honors. It was fun to watch the kids go crazy for the candy.Then it was time for my favorite part! The Cake! Ava had no idea what was going on but once she understood what was happening, she went for it. She really loved eating her cake. Needless to say, after I was done cutting the main cake for everyone else, there wasn't any cake left.It was such a great party for a great little girl - how blessed we are to have her in our lives. How sweet she is and what a phenomenal addition to our little family.

0 comments: