Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013




I love Valentine's Day.  I do.  I love the cheesy nature of it, I love being able to focus on love all day and I love to make the day special for as many people as I can.  This does not mean that I don't find other ways on other days of the year to express my love but I just love Valentine's Day.  I always have.  We always got chocolate from our parents and my dad always made it special for my mom.





I also don't mind the excuse for a grand gesture.  Sometimes I get accused of going over the top.  Who can blame a girl on the day of love?

The night before was a bit hectic just arriving from vacation a day before that and trying to make sure the girls had valentines for their classes and that their outfits were ready.  I also did prep for Valentine's breakfast.  I set the table and placed their gifts and then got to bed around 2 am.  I am so getting too old for this...

In the morning I got up early (for me) and headed downstairs to make breakfast.  I was excited for everything to be ready before the girls came down so I made them wait upstairs.  I made them special heart-shaped french toast with chocolate banana spread in between and fresh strawberries, all topped with whipped cream.  They also had watermelon hearts to go with it.






I dressed them in some cute Valentine's Day outfits, did their hair and sent them off to school.  I also made sure that Jasmine's class had special V-Day cupcakes and that they went armed with their respective class Valentines (which due to time constraints, I stayed up late the night before making).





That night, we went out to dinner with the girls and it was lovely.  We went to Walker's Grille, and had some delicious food!  It is always nice to support a local business and even nicer when you know the owner!

I am so blessed to have 3 of the best Valentines a girl could ever ask for.  


0 comments: