Monday, September 29, 2008

New Stuff

Lorne and I have been trying to spruce up our home and so in the past month we have made some big purchases. We started off with an impulse buy at Home Depot. A new refrigerator. We saw one for a great price on clearance and decided it would fit in our kitchen. Can I tell you how much I love the new fridge? It is so much better than our 30+ year old previous fridge. Our food stays fresher longer, and it is sturdier and has a lot more room. Lorne and I are both happy with our spur of the moment choice!The next thing we got was a new sectional for the basement. The old leather furniture was having some hard time as the frame in the large sofa was broken and it wasn't as comfortable as it used to be. We also wanted to increase seating so when we invite people over we would have more options for people to sit on! It was tough to get it in the basement but thankfully it was possible and now we are loving the new sectional.The most recent new thing we got was a new stove. Our old stove was a trial and was always in need of repair. I can't remember a time where all the burners were working and the oven had their ow issues. The top oven ran very hot and the door wouldn't stay closed so I had to shove a piece of cardboard in the door to keep it shut. The bottom oven didn't heat evenly so to combat that problem I always had a pizza stone in the bottom that helped. After trying to cook a large dinner on the last burner working, the small one - Lorne decided he was tired of trying to fix the stove and we should get a new one. What a difference that has made! It is amazing how having tools that work and are more efficient make life easier. We made do with what we had but I never realized how much better life could be with a good fridge, a comfy couch and a stove that works! Yay for new stuff!

5 comments:

Jill said...

wow! what fun! I bet it helps with the cakes too!

Summer said...

Hurray for new stuff! I am sure it is nice to not have to worry about your cakes as much!

I am lusting after your fancy fridge!

Dayna said...

ooohhh, I love shopping for new stuff...and I have the debt to prove it ;(

Ummm and what is up with that little ticker over there? Is there something you need to tell us?
Post please!

Laura said...

completely unrelated to this post: You're PREGNANT?!! congrats!!! :)

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Yea....so no post on being pregnant? A ticker is a weird way to announce it?

xoox,
C