Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Day of Ballet

I signed Jasmine up for Ballet class about a month and a half ago and made the mistake of telling her. She has been asking about it for the last month and a half and been super excited to go. We told her the night before that she would have class the next day and so on Saturday, Jasmine was up bright and early. I dressed her in her ballet clothes and put her hair in a bun (as is required by the school) and we took some pictures before leaving.She is taking a combination tap and ballet class that is 45 minutes long on Saturday mornings. This past Saturday there were a total of 5 little 3 year olds in the class and a teacher with 3 helpers. We got to the studio early and got her tap shoes on her. She could hardly sit still and kept asking when it was time to go to class. Her teacher, Melissa, came up and introduced herself. She explained that the parents could stay outside and watch but could not go in. Well, this suits Jasmine fine as she is in a "I can do it by myself" mode lately. She even looked at me and said, "Mommy, I will go to class by myself, you stay here."I watched in awe as the teacher taught the girls and she was so animated and patient. Also, I was absolutely amazed at my little girl. Jasmine was so focused and concentrated in class. She didn't act out, didn't speak out of turn, and she did everything the teacher asked her to do. I could tell that she was totally into it and I am so excited. One of the other mothers watching through the window with me said, "I think you may have started something you won't be able to get out of" referring to Jasmine - it was so obvious how much she was into it. Another mother said, "It looks like your daughter has a natural talent." I definitely think we have found Jasmine's passion. She also is loving her violin lessons but the way she is taking to ballet is something I have never seen from my child. Sorry for the picture quality - this was the best I could do through the shaded glass I was standing behind - that si why the pictures have some glare!

2 comments:

Summer said...

That is amazing that she took to it so well right away! I know that she is already on the fast track to Broadway, but when I taught, half of the kids were in tears for the first several weeks.

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

OOHH...this is one thing I CAN NOT wait to do with Eleana. Introduce her to dance! I took ballet at a very young age and am so thankful for it.

I just love her leotard. I do find it funny how the teachers are so much more relaxed in their attire vs the little girls. Why not set a standard for them as well? I guess when the teachers are teens, you can only expect so much perhaps?

I will definitely ask Jasmine about her ballet class when I see her next. I can't wait for her to show her Tia her new moves!

xoxo,
C