Monday, September 29, 2008

Caught Caring

At Jasmine's preschool they have a program called Caught Caring where if a child is caught caring, they are awarded a star and when they have 3 stars, they are given a caring ceremony. This ceremony takes place during circle time and the child receives a certificate, a sticker and a pencil. They also get a star on the caring tree with their name on it.It took Jasmine a couple of weeks to get the hang of it but she brought home 3 stars and was the first one in her class to do it. I knew she would be good at it because she really is a naturally caring little girl and when she thinks before she acts, great things happen. I have highly praised her for her stars and put them on the fridge. She has since earned 2 more stars, bringing her current count to 5 stars!

2 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful program! We probably should institute it in the Primary. I am so proud of Jasmine. She takes after her Abuela I am sure :)

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Okay...Kevin and I noticed this on Saturday night.

The yellow slip states:

"I was Caught Caring today! Ask me how I kind to someone!"

Did you notice that the word "was" is missing? :) Maybe you should ask the teacher to add it back onto the sentence?

Congrats all the same to Jasmine...hehe...

xoxo,
C