Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Jasmine Flower

About a year ago when my grandmother returned from Uruguay she brought back a dried Jasmine flower from which she created a Jasmine tree that now sits on her balcony. She has also now grafted and made several more plants from the first one. She intends on giving it to us to have in our home since she specifically brought it back for our daughter. We are a little afraid however because our track record with plants is not that great - we run about 50/50 - meaning that 50% of our plants die on us. I wouldn't want it to be that special plant. Just the other day she cut off these flowers for us and sent them home with us. They have a most wonderful fragrance and I love having them in my house. So here it is - the Jasmine flower from Uruguay! *There are different varieties of the jasmine flower in different parts of the world - this on is the most beautiful to me and also resembles one of my most favorite flowers, the gardenia!*

0 comments: